Tuesday, August 31, 2010

remembering summer...

Tomorrow is September 1st and I already miss summer.  It could be because we didn't have the greatest weather with a lot of rain and chilly nights.  Summer is suppose to be full of sunshine, water activities and heat that won't let up. 

Having children has reminded me of the fun things to do like blowing bubbles.  What a joyful, relaxing, and mesmerizing thing to do.  We run through the sprinkler, splash along the beaches, build sand castles, lay in the hammock and so many other little things that mean so much.  We have enjoyed our dose of Vitamin D and are wanting some more.  As the song goes,

"Oh mister sun, sun, mister golden sun
Please shine down on me!"

Who doesn't love hanging out at the beach tanning, swimming or playing all day long.  I love the relaxed mood about it all.  Oh summer how I miss you already.  I'll fondly remember you and dream of next summer when we can go camping again and enjoy all those little staples of hot summer days.

On the other hand, I do enjoy fall.  Way less bugs, a little chilly but enjoyable, the colors are amazing, and it is still warmer than -30.  I guess I should welcome fall because it is here whether we like it or not.  So, welcome fall, please be nice to us and last a lot longer than summer did because once you go away we are going to be freezing our butts off again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment