Thursday, February 10, 2011

beatiful music...

Pat playing something beautiful.
My husband can play the piano.
No I mean my husband can REALLY play! 
Not just the few easy songs everyone can work there way through.  He can hear a song take a second and start playing it on the piano.  AMAZING.

I know lots of people that would love to play the way he does including me.  We were given his grandmother's piano and I believe he has played it for at least 10 minutes every day since (that was almost 3 years ago now). 
He can play so fast his hands are blurry.

He can whistle a tune and then just start playing it.  He has a ear for music far beyond what I even understand.  This is one of his many gifts and the girls and I are lucky to be able to listen to his creations. 

I don't think I tell him enough just how good he really is.  I think he would just brush it off and keep playing.  I love it when he gets so into the music he doesn't notice us stop and just stand there listening. 

Beautiful.  Amazing.  Gifted. 

I wish he would share his talent with others so they could have the pleasure in listening, in absorbing the notes to their very soul.  It has taken my breath away on many occasions and I feel honored to bear witness to it and all that he does.  If there is a piano or keyboard in the room he will get to it eventually, he'll start to play and then stop once he realizes people are watching.  He'll stop because they are listening although I don't think he sees that they are amazed to hear this beautiful music that he is playing and they appreciate it.  Everyone appreciates great music and live is always better. 

He is truly gifted. 
He is my husband and I feel lucky, blessed, and honored to know him and be in his presence. 
He is the love of my life and the father to our children.
He is who he is and I love him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment