Monday, February 14, 2011

to be creative...

What does being creative mean to you?

There are so many outlets to showing your creativity.  Personally, I love to scrapbook, make crafts for kids and bake!! 
This is the process I am working though for my sister's wedding album!!
I find scrapbooking so much fun!!  It is challenging to figure out what kind of layout to use, which paper looks best, is it enough or too much embellishing and now what pictures do I use?!  Once that page or pages are complete you sit back and look at what you have done and oh my it is satisfying.  I always have to show my husband (he really doesn't care but he still looks at it and compliments my hard work) because who doesn't want to show people something they have taken time to create.  We are proud of our work!!

I also LOVE to bake!  I could really care less about cooking supper, but you tell me you need 8 dozen cookies tomorrow and it would be take out because the oven is busy!  This is not the most healthy creative outlet, so that is why I have more fun with it when I can share it with others and not keep it here at home.  We would be hard core sugar addicts!!
Cake Pops!!  I finally made them and they turned out great!

A bake sale needed some cookies so my daughter and I set off to work.

I can't find my creativity with cooking everyday meals but I would taste anything.  When it comes to baking desserts, cookies, treats, etc. I just love it.  Like those Cake Pops for example, I have seen them everywhere in blog land and kept putting it off.  Then I got asked to donate some baking for a local bake sale and thought, alright here is my opportunity.  I couldn't stop there though, since I really wanted to make heart shaped sugar cookies with my daughter we made those too.  The Cake Pop idea came from here and the sugar cookie recipe came from here.  Both were great tasting and so glad they left our house!! 

Since it is Valentine's Day we did a craft for our daughter's playschool group and they turned out great too!!


We made crayon hearts!!  Soooo cute!!!  I found the idea, again everywhere in blog world, but used these instructions here.  Really easy besides all the peeling of paper.  Boo.  I used our silicone heart shaped ice cube tray from Ikea and put in the oven for about 10 min.  I just watched them and made sure they were all melted.  They sat on the cupboard for quite awhile to cool down and then they popped out easy peasy!  Great idea for favors, birthday gifts, stocking stuffers, and a quick craft to entertain kids.  LOVE THEM!!


I truly believe everyone is able to create something.  It doesn't really matter what it is as long as you do the work and enjoy the feeling afterward.

And last by definitely not least, my two greatest creations.  My girls.

Obviously baby pictures of both but this is how I still see them! 
Aw. 
My girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment