Thursday, January 19, 2012

A long time ago...

The last time I wrote on this blog was almost a year ago now!!  Wow time flies and wow things have changed!  I'm going to try to blog on a much more regular basis so wish me luck.  To start I'll recap what the last 8 months have been like.

I was newly pregnant with our third child and living in our small but comfortable home.

Our oldest turned 5 years old!  I still can't believe it's been 5 years we have had this beautiful girl in our lives.  We are truly blessed to have her.


Pat had his last birthday in our little home right before our big move.  They love to pose for the camera!!

We then bought a new house and moved into it (with lots of help from family and friends) on one of the hottest days of the summer (the humidity was insane)!  We were really excited and didn't want to wait.  We were only in the house for 5 days before we left on our holidays to the lake for the week.  We definitely enjoyed the laid back and relax life of living at the lake.  Some maybe more than others.





We did a lot of traveling in the next two months.  The girls and I went with my sister-in-law and her little man to see my sister and brother-in-law for 5 days.  So nice to have that time together!!  The kids could not get enough of each other and my poor brother-in-law had to listen to us three women talk and talk and talk and talk and talk!!  Gotta love sisters :)


We had some fun days at home enjoying our new space.


Our, now 5 year old, daughter started kindergarten!!  So we are talking all things school related and she is loving it.  




In September we had another amazing holiday through the mountains to BC.  A brother-in-law and (now) sister-in-law honored us with the opportunity to celebrate their wedding with them and enjoy some free days around a beautiful camp.  It was in the most beautiful place and was a perfect day!!  We spent so much time just being present with each other and relaxing.  Priceless.
At the merry-go-round in the Calgary Zoo.

Looking at the sites in downtown Jasper.

Checking out the water fall at Johnston's Canyon.

Cousins enjoying a pontoon boat ride at Rockridge.

Zipline at 7 months pregnant!!  SOOOOOO fun and safe of course!!

 Serena lost her first tooth!!

 I kept growing and felt great the whole time!


Halloween came and we had a little ballerina and Dalmatian puppy on our hands.  Too cute!


Our due date for our second daughter was just after Halloween and I said if I made to Halloween I would paint my belly like a pumpkin so I did.
Oct 31, 2008




And now this third pregnancy I was again due just after Halloween.  The girls wanted to do it again so we did!  They had so much fun and asked if we could do it the next day too.   

October 31, 2011

 Our second daughter celebrated her 3rd Birthday!  Now she's not our little baby, she's a big girl.  She was so sick on her actual birthday (puking and feverish all day -poor thing).  So she never even ate cake that day just blew out the candle.  I made her a better cake for her party that weekend and she was feeling much better. 


Then our littlest one joined us a week later (very quickly I must say but that is for another day)!


Since then we have just been adapting to life with three beautiful girls in a house that fits us all so well.  They can run and be crazy with their dad just to burn off steam and it is so good to see.  Lots of energy, lots of fun and lots of laughter!!  That's what makes a home.


Well I think that's enough pictures by now.  Hopefully I can post this many with one entry. 

This has been the last eight months and it has been great!  I can't wait to see what the next eight bring. 

Until next time, take care and enjoy the little things that make up this big crazy life!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment